Dates: Aug. 20 – Aug. 26, 2017
Location: Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
Prof. Xin-Guang Zhu, Principal Investigator, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Prof. Shaobing Peng, Director of Crop Physiology and Production Center (CPPC), Huazhong Agricultural University
Prof. Susanne von Caemmerer, Deputy Director of ARC Center of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis, Australian National University
Dr. Patrick Morgan, Senior Scientist at LI-COR Biosciences
Confirmed speakers include:
Sustainability of crop production to meet the increasing metabolic demands of humanity requires innovative techniques to assess plant production. The International Workshop on Crop Photosynthetic Ecophysiology (IWCPE) will focus on current tools, theory and techniques in crop physiology measurements. Through both theoretical lectures and practical in-the-field experience, attendees will have the opportunity to experience and learn the latest methods for measuring plants in a field setting.
The IWCPE brings together a unique blend of world experts in measurements together with leading instrument manufactures. Theory and application lectures will cover topics including carbon assimilation, water use, chlorophyll fluorescence, hyperspectral, and modeling on scales ranging from the leaf-level to field-scale measurements.
• Tingyun Kuang, Academician of CAS, Professor, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Susanne von Caemmerer, Academician of Australia Academy of Sciences and Leopoldina (German Academy of Sciences), Professor, Australia National University
• Robert Furbank, Professor, Australia National University
• Carl Bernacchi, Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
• Jochem Evers, Assistant Professor, Wagenigen University
• Danny Tholen, Dr., University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
• Wanne Kromdijk, Dr., University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
• Viridiana Sila Perez, Dr., Australia National University
• Congming Lu, Professor, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Xin-Guang Zhu, Professor, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Xin Song, Professor, Shenzhen University
• Yong Li, Dr., Associate Professor, Huazhong Agricultural University
• Qingfeng Song, Assistant Professor, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Yu Wang, Dr., University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Hands-on sessions will provide opportunity for attendees to interact with the latest instruments and technical staff from manufactures.
Confirmed manufactures include:
• LI-COR Biosciences
• Ocean Optics
The workshop is open to students and postdoctoral researchers.
The course will be held at the field-research station at Crop Physiology and Production Center (CPPC), College of Plant Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei 430070 P.R. China.
Attendees accommodations will be at the International Academic Exchange Center located on the Huazhong Agricultural University campus.
Course registration fee: 1500 RMB
(for Chinese participants) or 250 US Dollars
(for non-Chinese participants), which will be used to pay for the costs associated with the workshop, lunch and dinners. Participants need to pay for their own travel and accommodation cost). The registration fees need to be paid on site using CASH.
To apply for the course , sent application form (download) to: wangsisi(at)picb.ac.cn, (Title of email should be "workshop application-'Your Name'"). 60 person limit!.
Plants grown in Field, Pots and Growth Chamber at the research station at Crop Physiology and Production Center (CPPC)
Accommodation info. (on campus):
International Academic Exchange Center (IAEC), Huazhong Agricultural University.
Shizishan Street No. 1, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, P.R. China, Tel: +86-27-87280885
Wuhan is a very beautiful city!