This PERSONAL GENOMICS AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION CONFERENCE brings together leading thinkers on Genomics, Environments, Traits and related topics.
The conference is initiated by PersonalGenomes.org, a non-profit organization based in the United States whose mission is to make a wide spectrum of human biological information accessible and actionable to increase biological literacy and improve human health.
We support groundbreaking initiatives including the Global Network of Personal Genome Projects (https://www.personalgenomes.org), Open Humans (https://www.openhumans.org) and the GET Conference (http://www.getconference.org).
The PGIC is a new forum to debate the technical, commercial, and societal impacts of advances in our ability to measure and understand people and their traits.
The 2019 Conference is made possible by a generous grant from the Harvard China Fund (https://hcf.fas.harvard.edu/) and is organized by the Harvard Personal Genome Project, Shanghai Institute of Nutrition and Health (SINH) of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS: http://english.sinh.cas.cn/) together with other local organizers as indicated below.
The conference will cover a broad range of topics in genomics, phenotypes and international efforts, such as genome diversity, genome interpretation, measurement of phenotypes, shared biological and data resources, national projects and international cooperation efforts.
- Shanghai Institute of Nutrition and Health (SINH), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) (http://english.sinh.cas.cn/)
- Harvard Personal Genome Project (https://pgp.med.harvard.edu/)
- Bio-Med Big Data Center, SINH, CAS
- CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology (PICB), SINH, CAS
- CAS Key Laboratory of Computational Biology
- Xuhui Association For Science and Technology
- Fudan University Human Phenome Institute
- Chinese Society of Phenomics
- School of Life Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (http://en.sjtu.edu.cn/)