Job Description: An opportunity has arisen to join the Computational Systems Genomics Lab, headed by Prof Andrew Teschendorff, at the CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Shanghai. The Computational Systems Genomics Lab carries out cutting-edge research at the interface between Statistics, Cancer and Genomics, with a special focus on Statistical Cancer Epigenomics and Cancer Systems Biology. The post is at the staff scientist level. The candidate is expected to carry out secretarial duties and to assist the Principal Investigator with translation of documents from Chinese into English and vice versa. Although not essential, the candidate, if appropriately qualified, may also participate actively in research projects.
Essential Job Requirements:
• A postgraduate degree in a computational/scientific discipline, including Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
• Fluent in oral and written English.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Team Player.
Desirable Job Requirements:
• MSc/PhD in a computational/scientific discipline, including Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
• Programming experience in R, Bioconductor, Python, Perl or Java.
The job is available with immediate effect. Interested applicants should send a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae (all in English), to:
Dr. Zhen Yang
Prof Andrew Teschendorff