Job Description: An opportunity has arisen to join the Computational Systems Genomics Lab, headed by Prof Andrew Teschendorff, at the CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Shanghai. The Computational Systems Genomics Lab carries out cutting-edge research at the interface between Statistics, Cancer and Genomics, with a special focus on Statistical Cancer Epigenomics. The post is at the staff scientist level. In addition to conducting research in Statistical Cancer Epigenomics, you will also be expected to carry out secretarial duties, and to assist the Principal Investigator with translation of documents from Chinese into English and vice versa.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of programming.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
- A postgraduate degree in a computational/scientific discipline, including Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team Player.
Desirable Job Requirements:
- PhD in a computational/scientific discipline, including Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- Extensive programming experience in R, Bioconductor, Python, Perl or Java.
- Experience in computer administration.
Interested applicants should send a covering letter, a curriculum vitae, a brief summary of past research achievements, 2 letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Zhen Yang