Systems biology of development and aging
Evolution of regulatory networks
Computational algorithm development for data integration and network analysis
2016 Faculty 1000 in Aging Section
2015 Shanghai Science Leadership Award
2015 National Talent Program Outstanding Contribution Award
2014-present MaxNetAging Fellow
2011-present Max Planck Fellow
2009 Chinese Academy of Sciences "Hundred Talent Plan Outstanding Achievements Award
2007 Chinese Ministry of Education Technology Award (360-07-10020083-05)
2006 Recipient of Outstanding Young Scientist Award from National Science Foundation of China
2005 Recipient of One Hundred Talent Award from Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. Lei Hou, Dan Wang, Di Chen, Yi Liu, Yue Zhang, Hao Cheng, Chi Xu, Na Sun, Joseph McDermott, and William B. Mair and Jing-Dong J. Han*. A Systems Approach to Reverse Engineer Lifespan Extension by Dietary Restriction. Cell Metabolism, 2016, 8;23(3):529-40.
2. Yi Huang, Xiaoming Yu, Na Sun, Nan Qiao, Yaqiang Cao, Jerome D. Boyd-Kirkup, Qin Shen, and Jing-Dong J Han. Single-cell level spatial gene expression in the embryonic neural differentiation niche. Genome Research. 2015 Apr;25(4):570-81.
3. Weiyang Chen, Wei Qian, Gang Wu, Weizhong Chen, Bo Xian, Xingwei Chen, Yaqiang Cao, Christopher D Green, Fanghong Zhao, Kun Tang and Jing-Dong J. Han*, Three-dimensional human facial morphologies as robust aging markers, Cell Research, 2015, 25:574-587 (highlighted by Nature Press Release, Science News, New Scientists, The Guardian, Daily Mail, and NewsWeek, etc).
4. Weizhong Chen, Yi Liu, Shanshan Zhu, Christopher D. Green, Gang Wei, Jing-Dong J. Han*, Improved Nucleosome Positioning Algorithm iNPS for Accurate Nucleosome Positioning from Sequencing Data, Nature Communications 2014, doi:10.1038/ncomms5909.
5. Ming Su, Dali Han, Jerome D Boyd-Kirkup, Xiaoming Yu and Jing-Dong J Han*，Evolution of Alu towards enhancers, Cell Reports, 2014, 7(2): 376-385
6. Jin’e Li, Yi Liu, Min Liu and Jing-Dong J Han*，Functional dissection of regulatory models using gene expression data of deletion mutants, PLoS Genetics, 2013, 9(9): e1003757.
7. Wei Zhang, Yi Liu, Na Sun, Dan Wang, Jerome Boyd-Kirkup, Xiaoyang Dou, Jing-Dong J Han*, Integrating Genomic, Epigenomic and Transcriptomic Features Reveals Modular Signatures Underlying Poor Prognosis in Ovarian Cancer, Cell Reports, 2013, 4(3):542–553
8. Yi Liu, Nan Qiao, Shanshan Zhu, Ming Su, Na Sun, Jerome Boyd-Kirkup, Jing-Dong J. Han*. A novel Bayesian network inference algorithm for integrative analysis of heterogeneous deep sequencing data. Cell Research. 2013 Mar;23(3):440-3.
9. Zhou, B., Yang, L., Li, S.F., Huang, J.L., Chen, H.Y., Hou, L., Wang, J.B., Green, C.D., Yan, Z., Huang, X., Zhu L., Xiao H.S., Liu Y. *, and Han J.D.J. * (2012). Midlife Gene Expressions Identify Modulators of Aging through Dietary Interventions, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 8;109(19):E1201-9.
1991-1996 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, New York, Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences
1987-1991 China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, P.R. China, B.S. in Pharmacology
2010-present CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Director, Investigator and Professor
2005- 2010 Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Investigator and Professor
2002-2005 Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
1999-2008 Research Fellow of Bioinformatics
2001-2002 CQOS, Inc., Irvine, CA, Software Engineer:
2000-2001 Rare Medium, Inc., New York, NY, Software Engineer
1999-2000 NorthStar Technologies, Inc., New York, NY, Software Engineer
1997-1998 The Rockefeller University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York, NY, Post-Doctoral Research Associate